Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Story ... Part VI

I was depressed. I had just been rejected. So much for all that pouring-my-heart out crap. What was I thinking?

Well, damn it, if I couldn't have Miss too-good-for-me Molholt, I would just march straight out and find somebody else. And that I did. All week long.

On Monday I had Shiner. Cute, blond, Texan ... but kind of stupid and annoying like, well, most blonds and/or Texans. Tuesday, it was Heineken. She was this REALLY hot foreign chick ... can't quite remember from where, though. Bervaria or Sweedishland or one of those weird foreignmajiggers. Wednesday.......no, I don't really remember that Wednesday. But, ah, yes Thursday... Thursday was a beautiful evening with the impeccable Mary J. That was a good night. And who would have thought I could be SO successful with the ladies wearing the same green "Rice for Peace" shirt and pair of torn jeans ALL WEEK LONG? Talk about a confidence boost.

Until, CRASH, I awoke from my stupor.

My feelings hadn't changed. That following weekend when I finally took some time away from the ladies I realized how much I LOVED Jenn (and I didn't even really know her... how is that possible?). But I couldn't stop thinking about her and wanting to spend time with her. I couldn't focus on anything else.

I hadn't seen her or interacted with her since the response letter. But the upcoming week would finally present a situation in which I would have to face her. It was the Annual Alumni Donations Gala (or whatever Rice officially called wining and dining the wealthy alums at the Intercontinental every year). Jenn and I had always enjoyed that night. I was, for obvious reasons, not looking forward to it this year.

But what happened that night was an absolute, complete surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment